Thursday, March 5, 2015

No matter how you brew it, it's still tea!

No matter how you enjoy tea-loose leaf, tea bag, tea infuser, teabag in a teapot, loose leaf in a teapot it's all the same in terms of drinking tea. What counts is that if you drink tea you're apart of this amazing community of tea drinkers, whether you choose to embrace it or not. For me, making this blog has connected me with thousands of people daily who have one simple thing in common with me-we're tea drinkers. It doesn't matter what you look like, what ethnicity you are, what gender, what sexuality, tea unites everyone for the same reason: it's a lovely habitual practice in our lives that is a pleasantry for many reasons. I even find the ritual of making tea a pleasant one.

To tie in with what I've just said, I recently had an unpleasant experience on Twitter with two people who shall not be named who called my blog incorrect, and stupid, to put things lightly, because I had recommended bagged tea. To these people, I was not a proper tea drinker if I had anything to do with tea bags.

But that's just silly, if you think about it. Tea bags have been around for years and years and it's because they're incredibly convenient. Some of my tea in my cupboard right now is bagged and half of it is nicer than some of my loose tea. In the world of tea, it's not how you make it, it's that you drink tea and that's all that should matter.

Seeing as I've put myself out there on a public forum, I can expect to have run ins with people that like to tear others down to build themselves up. That's just how the internet is. However I don't have to let it hurt my feelings and I won't. Cyber bullying is never okay and I wish more people on the internet understood that. From what I've experienced, people who bully online would never have the guts to say 95% of what they've said online, in person. So maybe next time you find yourself in a tricky situation online, consider this: what will come out of me being rude to another person? Will it better me as a person? Will it make me more successful? The answer to those questions is no, and always will be. Think before you speak, and for tea's sake, tea is tea, no matter how you steep it!



Here's a photo of me enjoying my tea at my mother's house during Christmas

Leah

7 comments:

  1. Your blog is awesome! In my humble opinion, there is a place in the tea community for every kind of tea drinker, and all their opinions are valid. The only problem I have ever is when a person thinks that their way is the only correct way and pushes that on other people.
    So, you keep doing what you are doing and I shall keep reading your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amanda, your blog is awesome as well! Thanks for reading. I agree and it's important that we treat others how we'd like to be treated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In case you didn't know, the two people are actually the same person. That's a special kind of crazy :P

    Tea is celebrated by so many different cultures and in so many different ways. No one has the right to tell anyone that they are "doing it wrong".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree - to each his or her own how you choose to drink tea. The fun is finding and trying new teas, which I love about this blog and it's friendly. The cyber bullying like most abuse, is designed to manipulate and intimidate people in a cruel manner. Even if we disagree on a topic, there's no need to be mean-spirited about it. I really enjoy learning from you! BIG Hugs...www.intheknowwithro.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post is awesome! I'm so glad you are standing up for yourself. Tea is what you make of it...that's one of the many beauties of it. Don't ever let anyone tell you how to drink your own tea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never understand what people gain by that kind of behavior! It's good that you recognize how that for what it is (bullying!). And for heavens sake, there are way more important things to get worked up about than what does or doesn't make a proper tea drinker. I am really enjoying your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lu Ann and Dee:

    Thank you for your comments. I love when my readers reach out to me! I'm glad you agree with me-tea is a lovely thing that doesn't need drama. I was just very surprised because the tea community overall is very pleasant and tight knit. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...