Monday, February 2, 2015

French Press Tea & Stay Connected

Want to keep up with my blog? Find me on Facebook, I update my page every time I've reviewed another tea.

I wanted to try something new today, so I decided to try steeping loose leaf tea with a French Press, which is traditionally used to make coffee. I figured people were more likely to have a French Press lying around instead of a teapot, so why not! Below I've scooped the tea (Blueberry Jam black tea) into the French Press:



 Next, take the French Press' lid/plunger off and just scoop the tea into the glass cylinder. Cover your tea with about 1 liter of water for 2 people, or if you want more than one cup of tea. What I typically do is drink one cup hot and ice the next cup to have for later. Put the lid on top with the plunger bit still pulled up. Brew the tea for the allotted time the packaging recommends and then wait. See below what the tea looks like when it's brewing. 



After the allotted amount of time has passed, press the plunger down to filter the tea. VoilĂ ! You have freshly brewed loose leaf tea. I was a bit worried that some of the smaller tea leaves would bypass the filter, but as displayed below that was not the case at all.



Look at that beautiful honey golden shade of tea. Perfect. Now what's great is if you have a French Press lying around you don't need to go out and buy a teapot. Enjoy!


Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...