Sunday, March 22, 2015

Chai Tea Sugar Cookies: Guest Post by Sarah Elizabeth

Hi there tea community!

I think it's important that you guys know that this blog is about what you want to read about tea. I want to make content that you can all relate to. This website means nothing if it doesn't appeal to the tea community. Or should I say communiTEA. My post about my Matcha Chocolate Chip cookies inspired reader Sarah Elizabeth to make her own tea cookies. She tweeted me the idea and the results, so I asked if she wanted to guest post. She said yes! If anyone else has ideas they want to guest post about, don't be shy. Anyone can guest post! You just have to contact me and we will work out the details. Anyways, here is Sarah and her Chai Tea Sugar Cookies!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good day world of tea drinkers
Recently after reading about the Matcha Green Tea Chocolate Chip Cookies that Leah had made, it had me wanting to experiment baking with tea.  My go to cookie to bake are sugar cookies so I figured that would be where I would start, after looking at my tea shelf the best choice was using some Twinings Chai Tea hoping it would work out.  (Spoiler alert: It worked deliciously!)




Recipe:
1. I used a pre-packed sugar cookie mix where I only had to add 1 egg, a little bit of water, and room temperature softened butter
2. With the Twingins Tea, I cut open the tea bag and added a few pinches since I didn’t have any loose tea left
3. Mix all ingredients well
4. Place the cookie dough in little balls on the cookie sheet
5. Set the over for 350°F
6. Length of cooking time can vary from 10-13 minutes
It wasn’t a strong taste but you could taste the tea in the cookie.
The hardest part with these cookies was saving some for another day
This is what it looked like when it was done:




Hope you enjoy! 
-Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...