Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Blueberry Jam: organic black tea


What I love about this tea is that it's a black tea that tastes like an herbal one. Don't like black tea, but love fruit and want some caffeine? This tea is perfect for you. When I first opened the pouch that this loose leaf tea came in, I was amazed. It smelled so fresh and fruity. This is what the tea looks like before I steep it for 5 minutes. If you like weaker tea I'd suggest 3 minutes, but no less. Remember, this is still a black tea and black tea needs to be steeped for a minimum of 3 minutes, from my experience.
What you see above in my spoon is: stevia leaves, organic black tea, elderberries, cornflower pedals and finally, of course-blueberries! What's great about this tea is that it has stevia leaves in it, which is a natural sweetener. As a reader requested yesterday, I'd like to point out that this is perfectly safe for Diabetics. Just don't add your own sugar and you're fine!
This is the tea after it has been brewed. Notice the lovely amber shade, which is from the black tea in this blend. There's a sweet taste to it which completely overpowers the bitterness of the black tea. I didn't feel the need to add any milk, despite the fact that I always add sugar to any black tea. However the added blueberries make this tea blend sweet, not needing the milk to even out the bitterness of the black tea, which I usually rely on. What I love about this tea is that it's very easy to drink. Sometimes I find regular herbal blueberry tea a little bit too sweet. This is the perfect blend of sweet and bitter, a very neutral, non-offensive hot beverage. I give this 5 stars out of 5 because there isn't a thing I'd change about this tea! I love this tea from the one and only David's Tea!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...