Sunday, February 22, 2015

Mixing Tea: Arnold Palmer Style!

Today I decided to do something a little bit experimental. I wanted caffeine, but at the same time I wanted something sweet. So I steeped some of Teavana's Strawberry Lemonade tea for about 5 minutes. The longer you steep the sweet tea, the sweeter it will be. Then, after removing the Strawberry Lemonade tea I added some Adagio's Irish Breakfast to my infuser and let that steep about 3 minutes. I then had made my own Arnold Palmer. If you're not familiar with an Arnold Palmer, it's a drink in the United States where you mix 1 part lemonade and one part Iced (black) tea. It's enjoyed mostly in the summertime because it's refreshing with a little bit of sweetness added. Or, if you love tea all year round like I do, you can enjoy this beverage in the winter. In the U.S. Arnold Palmers are sold locally in cans, you don't even have to lift a finger.

Here's the result. Adding milk is optional, of course!




I love this drink because it's sweet and it still has caffeine. Stay tuned for an upcoming guest post by artist Carne Griffiths, innovative artist that uses tea as one of his mediums for painting! Tweet me if you have any questions for him! The twitter link is on the right. 


Leah



1 comment:

  1. This sounds delicious! One of my favorite blends is "Body and Mind" white tea from teavana with "Peach Tranquility" from Teavana with a teaspoon of german rock sugar... it's DELIGHTFUL... and even better, and sweeter the second steeping. For a cup of tea, I'll blend 1 1/2 tsp of each together, and steep them at 175 degrees for 3 minutes... floral and fruity hints together, plus antioxidants from the white tea... sooo yummy. I'm kind of a geek when it comes to blending teas... it's so fun to see what tastes great together! I never would have thought of this blend, and now I REALLY want to try it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...